Click here to see the upcoming Training Courses
Training Course for chess tutors, teachers and parents
How to develop STEM skills to 6–12-year-old children through games and puzzles on the chessboard
I enjoyed all of the puzzles, I can see great potential for all of them within the classroom (although some I will need to practise more before delivering). Thank you, lots of wonderful ideas to engage all learners regardless of chess ability.Jade Richie (UK)
An excellent course, a primary maths teacher’s dream! High quality tasks, engaging and challenging. Love the creative context of Logicland. Thank you. A fun, informative and interactive session!Hari Neocleous (UK)
The course was more then what I expected. Amazing course. Rita is an amazing calm teacher with great ideas.Keyur Gada (India)
In collaboration with LogiqBoard
The Chess & Logic training course introduces algorithmic thinking and the elements of logic to 6–12-year-old children through games and puzzles on the chessboard. The course is similar in content to the ECU102 Teaching Mathematics through Chess course with a younger target age in mind: the games are strategically simpler, and the investigations more straightforward throughout. The content is wrapped up in a fairy tale where the characters get muddled up in thrilling adventures.
You will learn how to make the best use of the Board Buddies in LogiQ Land handbook and the interactive LogiQBoard Live with plenty of exercises to try out with your students.
- Chess & Logic in the classroom
- Workbook exercises
- Games on LogiQBoard
Rita Atkins has been training chess tutors and teachers in chess and mathematics since 2018. She holds a degree in mathematics and physics as well as a Diploma of Education from Eötvös Loránd University in Budapest and an MSc in Computing Science from Imperial College. She is a WIM and former Hungarian women’s chess champion.
Rita was part of the team for the Erasmus+ CHAMPS (Chess and Mathematics in Primary Schools) project and co-authored the book 50 Chess and Mathematics Exercises for Schools. She is currently on the Erasmus+ 8by8 project developing mathematical games for the classroom.
Taking the course you will get the following:
- Attendee Course eBook
- Course Exercises eBook + Digital Content (zip file) – the zip file contains the JSON files that can be uploaded and used on LogiqBoard Live
- Board Buddies in LogiQ Land eBook (non-printable) + Digital Content (zip file) – the zip file contains the JSON files that can be uploaded and used on LogiqBoard Live
- Free access to LogiQBoard Live software platform for one year
- ChessPlus105 – Chess & Logic Certificate for successful graduates (This signifies the requisite knowledge and understanding to convey fundamental principles of logic to children in primary school.)
- Public online register
- Access to the exclusive monthly Discussion Group meeting for course graduates